Love, Design and Roller Blinds

Sometimes all we need to feel happier and reach our goals is a fresh start. A new environment, different faces and new experiences are all things many of us tend to avoid, because we are so used to living in our comfortable bubble where everything seems so familiar, easy and let's be honest to an extent even mundane and boring. Overcoming the irrational fears of change and breaking free from the seemingly comfortable bubble can be so rewarding and bring wonderful changes into your life. Last year I was so used to the idea of living with my boyfriend in the small coastal city of Townsville that when he got a job offer in Sydney I freaked out. Although that was his dream job, he didn't want to go without me and after some thinking I realized that If I continue to live in my comfort zone I would never truly experience life to the fullest. So, my boyfriend and I decided to embark on our exciting adventure in the big city.

We found a cute studio apartment big enough just for the two of us and a few mounts ago we moved into Sydney. My boyfriend started working as a fitness trainer at a bodybuilding and fitness centre and I found a job in a beauty shop. Everything was going great, but coming home to a messy apartment wasn't what I had in mind when I moved out from my wonderfully designed house back in Townsville. So, I decided it was time to turn out studio apartment into a small retreat ready for relaxation. The apartment came with a kitchen and tiny dining area and we have already bought some bits and pieces for the bedroom, but the living room was a mess, to say the least. My boyfriend didn't want to get rid of the big sofa and coffee table from out previous house and such large pieces simply overcrowded the already small space. After some negotiations I managed to convince him to throw away the old sofa and we gave the wooden table to the cute grandpa that lives next door.


We gave our living room a comfy sitting area with a few simple elements, such as a small leather sofa, two armchairs and a glass coffee table that gives the impression of a larger space. As for décor I chose blue and yellow pillows to add a nice touch to the furnishings, a colourful tray with candles for the table and I hang two mirrors on the wall opposite the window that reflect lots of light and visually expand the space. With all the furniture and decorations wonderfully arranged the only element that was needed to make the apartment look and feel more intimate and homey were blinds. I know that some people like to leave their windows bare, but living in an apartment means that one needs more privacy than usual, plus I like the finishing touch that blinds can give to the design scheme. Just like I did for the furnishings, I decided to buy blinds online simply because it's much more convenient and with a few simple clicks one can find great deals. I was looking for something stylish and practical that would require little maintenance. But most importantly I wanted to buy blinds online that would fit the size and shape of my windows. In the living room we have large picture windows that provide a wonderful view of the cityscape, while the windows in the bedroom and kitchen are smaller.

After comparing different models of blinds and curtains, I figured the best solution would be to get roller blinds along with drapes for the living room. Due to their simple yet chic design roller shades can make a unique decorative statement, while at the same time add privacy, therefore they are a wonderful addition behind drapes. In the bedroom I went for patterned beige blinds in a subtle floral design. The beige matched perfectly with the neutral and fresh colour pallet of the furniture and decorations. In the kitchen I wasn't looking for something decorative and fancy, so I went for simple white roller blinds. The thing I love the most about stylish roller shades it that they are very easy to clean and don't accumulate a lot of dust. To wipe out any stains or dust particles I use a soft wet cloth and usually a single wipe is all it takes to give the blind a clean and polished look.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bodum Pavina Glasses Cleaning Tips

TV Placement: Dos & Don'ts

Challenge Your Artistic Skills with Your Choice of Drawing Ink